Jay

Jay

2 Weeks Home

I can't believe we've only been home 2 weeks. It feels like Jay has been a part of our family forever. The first week home was really hard for Jay - lots of meltdowns (I'm talking 3 hour long meltdowns with biting, hitting, kicking and screaming). But the past week has been amazing. We've been communicating really well - Jay seems to understand most things I say and if he doesn't, he'll hand me my phone and repeat the word he doesn't know. That's his way of asking me to type it into Google Translate! He has just started speaking English and each day he has tons more words. So far he says:

More
Milk
Water
Potty
Please
Thank you
I love you
Night night
Swim
Chicken
Eat
No
Dog
Let's go
Peanuts
Pepperoni
Watermelon
Apple
Popsicle
One, Two, Three
Circle
Red
Green
Phone
That one
OK
Uh-oh
All done
I'm gonna get you
Tickle
Hold me

That is WAY more than the 0 Chinese words I learned in my two weeks in his country! When he wants something not on the list, he says it in Chinese and acts it out. He's really trying to help us out! I think the most amazing thing with his language happened last night when he yelled out in the middle of the night (first time ever, he usually sleeps 10 hours straight) - so I ran into his room and he was fast asleep with a huge smile and yelling "Let's go, mommy!" I'll take dreaming in English as a really good sign!

Jay is such a happy little guy. He is up for anything and jumps right in... Whether it's exercising...



... doing chores...



... climbing rocks...



... or jumping on trampolines (one of his favorites!)...


... he's up for it!

We've been working on colors, shapes, and numbers. Trying to get ready for preschool... Jay is signed up to start preschool ... Half days for the week of August 1 and then starting full time August 8 when I go back to work!

The best thing is watching Audrey, Sam and Jay play. They've had a few sibling moments (especially Sam and Jay ... Jay is attached to Sam's hip and wants "Gu Gu" to do everything with him and Sam loses patience sometimes... just like me!) but overall they have been getting along really well and it's so sweet to see them all together.



All things considered, he has transitioned really easily and attached quickly to us all. Such a sweet boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment